2016-17 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States. Employees of LEGEND® Compression Wear, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
Incoming freshman: Applicant must be a current student and have a cumulative high school grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4-point scale and must have taken either the ACT or SAT test. Applicant must also be a high school or home school senior graduating or earning a GED between January 1, 2017 and July 1, 2017 and plan on attending have proof of acceptance to an accredited college or university by Fall semester 2017.
Current freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students: Applicant must have a cumulative college grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4-point scale, and be enrolled full-time at an accredited college or university between June 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
Winner Selection and Announcements
The winner will be selected after a team of judges review all entries, after the deadline of May 1, 2017. Applicants are judged inspirational aspects of what it means to Be a LEGEND as well as on creativity, thoughtfulness, and insight, as well as how well they promoted their post. The winner will be announced between May 15-30, 2017.
Description of Funds
The recipient will receive a one-time $500 scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses, including graduate and undergraduate tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board for the 2017 academic year. Funds are provided by LEGEND® Compression Wear. Payments are issued by LEGEND® Compression Wear, made payable to the student’s approved college or university and mailed after June 1, 2017 directly to the accredited college or university last designated by the student. School Student ID will be required prior to sending payment.
Conditions of Award
If any other funds pay entirely the tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board for the student’s 2017 academic year, the student is no longer eligible to receive this scholarship and will forfeit the award.
The institution must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants attending military academies are ineligible for this scholarship. All school transfers are subject to accreditation approval.
Responsibilities of Recipients
The recipient must be actively enrolled full-time as a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student in Fall 2017 and for the entire academic year without interruption, barring illness, emergency, or military service. It is the recipient’s responsibility to verify receipt of funds with their designated institution and notify LEGEND® Compression Wear should the award check not arrive on or about 30 days from the issue date.
LEGEND® Compression Wear reserves the right to alter or discontinue this program for any reason at any time without notice. All essay submissions and photographs become the property of LEGEND® Compression Wear and may be reposted or displayed online, in whole or part, without notification. LEGEND® Compression Wear shall be entitled to use, alter, or delete submissions for any purpose whatsoever without compensation to applicants.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The rules of the contest and the prize for each winner are as follows:
- The promoter of this contest is LEGEND® Compression Wear whose principal office is located at PO Box 1027, Denton, NC 27239 United States
- Employees of LEGEND® Compression Wear, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each such employee) are not eligible.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Details of how to enter the contest are available via legendcompressionwear.com/2016-2017-scholarship/. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that LEGEND® Compression Wear can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be May 1, 2017 at 11:59:59pm PST. After this date no further entries to the contest will be permitted.
- Odds of winning are based on the total number of entrants. Only one winner will be selected from the entire pool of eligible entries.
- Winner will be chosen by a panel of judges at LEGEND® Compression Wear.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 35 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- LEGEND® Compression Wear will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The winner will receive a one-time $500 scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses.
- No cash alternative to the scholarship will be offered. The scholarship is not transferable. Scholarship is subject to availability and LEGEND™ Compression Wear reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 35 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: LEGEND® Compression Wear
PO Box 1027
Denton, NC 27239
- LEGEND® Compression Wear’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- LEGEND® Compression Wear accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
- LEGEND® Compression Wear reserves the right to cancel or amend the contest and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of LEGEND® Compression Wear’s control.
- LEGEND® Compression Wear is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this contest.
- The contest and these terms and conditions will be governed by North Carolina law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of North Carolina.
- Entry into the contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about LEGEND® Compression Wear Scholarship Programs.